July! It was Long And Hot. Emotions run the gamut, lots of car wrecks everywhere as I travel, averting three which would have killed myself and my Service dog, Sade. The heat of July,brought a continuous experience of emotional whiplash. Some blame Mercury retrograde. My view is, Let’s Pay attention!
How did the heat of summer bring me to Graciousness?
Graciousness is an acquired skill!
A afternoon cloudburst, shot from my balcony, lasted a few moments, as I gazed at the (seemingly) potential ominous dark clouds.
Dark clouds with descending graceful rays of light. This thought lead me to Human Perceptions with the sense of Graciousness as nature often displays!
It was a moment of deeper insight!
What are the aspects of Graciousness and how do we implore the skills of Graciousness?
- Poised under extreme pressure
- A Fierceness standing for ethics for the common good with the ability to respond
- An Engaging and Formidable presences (a conundrum being polarities)
- Empathic Heart – Compassion and Kindness
- Collaborate equally, despite gender or differences in culture
- Seeking Opportunities – Expanding with only a Slight Visual Hunch
- Gracious Individuals work through many hardships in life, the public is not aware of
- Being an example of Leadership through Augmenting and Influencing Others
Collaboration despite Differences has been an ongoing war in acceptance. Yet we seek and are inspired by those who augment their genius in being themselves. Many of us gravitate to that very difference, such as Joel Comm’s “Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Taken”
To mention several inspiring Leaders from our past and current lives, as they aspired during their own life, Graciously.
Nelson Mandela, Jacqueline Kennedy, Warren Buffet and Princess Diana. Formidable people yet engaging (exemplified Leaders for Humanity)!
Poised! Beauty is easily seen, less understood!! Beauty stands in great awe, inspiring curiosity with a deepening respect for what we may not know.
Grace (from whence the word comes), ability to respond, ability to observe. The Learned ability to Listen and Care! As Princess Diana defied the norm of English dress codes and behavior, she brought out the true Leadership in Caring world wide. Virtues which had been long forgotten in the English Monarchy. While Princess Diana seemed delicate, there was a dexterity in adroitness. An article by the NY Times and very recent HBO; “Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy.”
Observing Graciousness – What are some components.
- Under siege, Graciousness seeks a Greater Good for All
- Seek to Understand
- Not reminding a person how much it takes to help them for the long term.
- Speaking calmly when life is difficult – being the first to stand – explore ideas
- Seeing opportunities in a quiet gestures. Don’t give up, stay the distance
- Emotions are Transmutable, they speak of the “opportunity of a moment”
- We must listen and verbalize. Neither right, neither wrong. Open, accepting and trying different views, allowing new thoughts to become part of us; expand.
- Graciousness lives in every emotion, every person, through every culture. Anger is a pivotal opportunity to change.
Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years. We might state, a loss of life. Mandela did not acquiesce nor focus on the loss. Mandela and eight other African National Congress leaders were convicted of sabotage and conspiracy to overthrow the government, and were sentenced to life in jail in 1964. Nelson Mandela unitized Extreme Emotion to serve his Africa. While the world watched in horror; the brutal massacres of innocent children and Africa’s people gunned down in their own neighborhood streets. The deplorable conditions in which Africans were forced to live under. Nelson Mandela fought successfully to free Africa from British oppression. Ultimately Graciousness!
Warren Buffett, one of the most humble of men, widely successful in confounding and yet simplistic measures, Mr.Buffett has had world wide recognition in his accomplishments and philanthropy.
Still maintaining annual seminars [Buffett Announces Cancer Diagnosis With Characteristic Courage And Class], teaching others, “Success.” Warren does not see limits, he listens, observes and implores actions, and engages millions. His work ethics are worldly known, and so are his philanthropy giving Billions in aiding the world.
A few pearls of wisdom from Warren Buffett.
- We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
- Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you.
- Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
Her stalwart poise under pressure and commanding attention from Whitehouse tours, to the moment JFK was shot in Dallas Texas, November 22, 1963, were a testament to the Legacy of the Bouvier Family. Jacqueline pursued her own missions to preserve President Kennedy’s honor with a “Eternal Flame” at Arlington National Cemetery.
This August 9th, 2017, after 50 year promise by Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, comes a release of private Interviews and Transcripts. Jacqueline Kennedy Historical Conversations On Life With John Kennedy.
With great Humility and Grace, Jackie Kennedy was quoted as she entered the White House: “The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse. Would you notify the telephone operators and everyone else that I’m to be known simply as Mrs. Kennedy, and not as First Lady.”
Jackie Kennedy’s families history as philanthropist was founded more than a century prior to her birth. And history shows her dedication to her poised demeanor, through devastating death of John F. Kennedy and the loss of her son, John Kennedy Jr. Jackie Kennedy was the epitome of Graciousness.
“Graciousness is an internal storm delivered with Poise. Willingness to see beyond our own selves and emotions to take action for the betterment of the World.”
Dedicated to Behavioral Solutions for the betterment of life. ©
About the Author: MicheleElys is a Writer, Speaker, Educator, Neurobehaviorist. Educating Innovative Behavioral Solutions for Human & Animal coexistences and TBI Improvement to Recovery. Founder of CNBR [cognitive neural behavior rewiring]. Invite MicheleElys to speak at your next forum. ►Contact to schedule an inspiring Keynote. Have questions? Book a consult with MicheleElys [anonymously] email, Connect with her on LinkedIn, MicheleElys.com
© MicheleElys All Rights Reserved