My Brain HURTS! as I argued with the Neurologist. It’s Brain Pain; my Brain is sloshing as if it were a dingy on a stormy ocean. “My Brain feels like Scrambled Eggs, “I can’t think, it is as if I were moving through thick molasses up a icy hill.” I would repeat; “I have Brain Pain.” My Brain hit a monumental Fatigue and Halted in Pain!
Brain Pain is Agonizing! Deep internal pain radiating a constant heavy-severe internal pain.
This is caused by the micro-crystals in the inner ear sac have moved into the parallel canal, where dizziness
consumes a person. Turning over in bed will spin inside the head, or excruciating internal brain pain as the crystal must be rearranged simply with a well knowledgeable Vestibular therapist. Taking the head, motioning toward the left or right, slightly tilted downward and hold. The micro-crystal move back into the inner sac and the dissiness, dull or excruciating pain is gone in one or two sessions. How many live in this condition for a life time, not knowing or a doctor who knows there is a cure!!! Same with visual migraines, they can be unbearable harrowing experience or no pain in the least, only and internal and external vibrant through the eyes and brain, jagged luminous alien as it grows and leaves the vision.
This was my explanation to doctors, it is not a headache. They did not listen! How do you know when you have never experienced or have known about what I am describing? These conversations became agitating when recovering from 11 adult TBIs, leading to more trauma.
No pain meds counteracted the interior pain, one example given, it’s not a headache! Drugs Do not help heal the brain. Acupuncture, Acupressure, Massage did not help.
The Remedy – REM Sleep!
Listening intently to a patient in order to evaluate how to treat excruciating pain, often finds a simple remedy. Brain injuries need an enormous amount of rest, REM sleep, followed by low impact activity in rewiring the brain. Keeping life simple as you advance. The result will be, the brain will recover more quickly!
I am a scientist who has gone through the hell of many TBIs throughout life. And, I Recovered from the impossible! Proof is a greater example of the human anatomy.
Some Brain damage Sensations:
Brain Pain is Real! Scrambled Eggs Confusion – Brain Bursting Pressure – Tossing in a violent sea, feeling disoriented or not able to make decisions – Dullness – Severe Brain Fatigue – Heavy or Sluggish Brain – A sudden Shifting sensation as if the Brain falls frontwards in the skull. Dizziness might indicate Vestibular damage. All must be given proper attention, beginning with listening.
The Brain is the most important organ, the Brain keep us alive, and, keeps all organs functioning, keeping the body in motion, thinking – inventing; the Brain is our Life Thread. Every sensation begins in the brain, every idea, every emotion. A Brain is an Evolving Universe unto it’s own. And the Brain never hits a plateau until death.
Brain Pain has not been a common diagnosed part of TBIs and only now becoming a more noticeable condition. The Brain Pain focuses intensely inside the skull in the brain itself. The Painful sensation is baffling, and can be accompanied by the above sensations.
Brain Pain can be caused by the following conditions:
- Severe Exhaustion – Fatigue: overworking the brain unnecessarily via “To Do’s”
- Frustration due to Aphasia
- Too much physical exertion, climate heat or weather pattern changes
- Insomnia, more trauma (medication can help with insomnia, as a tool in relearning how to sleep.)
- Panic Attacks!! Brain Pain is a warning sign. The body is encapsulated in excruciating trauma and pain.
Rest and REM sleep are the remedies. A critical daily and nightly activity. Otherwise, the brain will overcompensate resulting in further traumatizing syndromes, increased anxiety. REM sleep is a calming cure while deciphering a hosts of other concussive symptoms needing to be addressed.
REM sleep for TBI conditions – recommendations:
- Quiet!!! A darken room allowing Safety
- Earplugs – soft earplugs that do not cause irritation to the sensitive inner ear skin
- A very light weight dark cloth over the eyes, about 12 to 14 inches long which moves with the head as one sleeps
- Rest time – getting away from thinking projects and chattering of people
- Animals are a huge comfort for our nervous systems in calming, achieving REM and Rest
- Quiet non agenda meditation, simply Quiet
- Closing the eyes adding cool water to the eyes and face, a cool cloth to the back lower nap of the neck, Relax! The base of the Reptilian Brain requires relaxation
- Stop Thinking!!! Let Go-Rest! It is your Brain and Life you are saving to Live in your Future!
- REM Sleep is your best friend along with a Dog, Cat, Horse etc… Calming.
- Let the Drama of life take a break from your Brains’ speed highway. Sleep! Rest!
Know you have the ability to recover.
- Mixed headache syndrome
- Visual Migraines: normally not painful, this condition is visible via internal eye structure. Each person’s experience may vary
Life demands us be present; thereby we must be cogent of setting schedules around life, work, and public functions in order to gain optimum benefits when injured. Brain Pain is telling you there is cause to be concern; a severe warning sign! Time to STOP, pay attention and rest.
If you broke your leg or arm and you saw blood you would stop and attend to the damage! Your Brain is communicating through pain. Pain is the body’s Warning Alarm.
Fall in love with Sleep, allowing a new course conducting better levels of healing while operating through your day, accomplishing in smaller doses as you recover. The recovery momentum will change as you allow rest.
Step outside and breathe in the sunshine or the rain. Let your Brain rest, give yourself time to recover. Your life is to live according to your abilities, not the world’s expectations!!
Recovery from TBI recovery is difficult in our demanding lives. It’s your choice. Your Brain is an advanced technology, neatly tuck in your skull, take care of your Brain!
DEDICATED TO BEHAVIORAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF LIFE. ©
About the Author: MicheleElys is a Neurobehaviorist ~ Writer ~ Educator ~ Keynote Speaker.
“Concussions are a huge drain in the workplace!” 4-6 week training program relieving the agony of TBIs and concussions.
MicheleElys All Rights Reserved©